- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
What exactly are the benefits of receiving therapeutic massage treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more, massage can:
- Assist in alleviating low-back and neck pain while improving range of motion
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping
- Relieve migraine pain
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve the healthy condition of the body's largest organ-the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins-amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller
Therapeutic vs. Relaxation Massage
Therapeutic massage sessions may include a large relaxation element to it, but advanced techniques are likely to be used for pain and chronic health issues. A therapeutic or clinical massage practitioner could see a client very frequently for the first few weeks or months. This might include half hour massages once a week, or weekly hour massages for a couple of months. Advanced techniques such as deep tissue massage and trigger point therapy may be used in this setting.
A relaxation massage is a session using classic Swedish massage techniques. The massage therapist will use light to medium pressure, depending on the client's preference, and the intent of the session is to help the client relax. This can also be for a half hour or hour regularly or on a special occasion.